Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Why only Ramadan ?

Hi, my name is Danish and am somewhat new to this world of 'Blogging'. I live in Sharjah, U.A.E and i'm currently going through college and trying to start my own business at the same time. I'm not that good a writer and this is my first post. So, if you find any mistake, feel free to point them out.

The holy month of Ramadan. Gone are the days when I use to anxiously wait for this month. The times when I use to compete with my brothers as to who will fast more days than the other. I guess it was a bit of 'Fun' just waiting eagerly on the dinner table to hear the Maghrib Azaan, so that we could stuff our tiny little stomachs with almost everything we had fantasized about eating that day.

It's fair to say that, that 'Fun' has disintegrated with the realizations of the importance of this Holy Month.For me, that 'Fun' has been replaced by 'Effort'. An Effort to rejuvenate myself. Every year, in this month, I get a chance to add something to that 'Effort' to reconstruct myself. To better understand the reason of my existence on this god created place. But I have now realized that this 'Effort' should not be in the month of Ramadan only.

My point of this monotonous story is that we should not give importance to the month of Ramadan only. This, being one of the holiest months in our Islamic Calender (in which the Holy Quran was revealed) is the only centre of attention for many. Why? Because, when taught about Ramadan, that is what most children perceive. Hence, with time, this perception starts to grow and eventually they start to believe that this is the only month of the year that they need to pray and ask forgiveness from Allah.

4 comments:

* said...

Salaams and WELCOME to our home. Aboard the RAmadan Express.

What you say is right, but as you have realised, many others do too. The best is to keep the chain going and keep the faith.
What better place to start than here.
Jazak Allah khair.

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Welcome aboard Danish!

I think we realise we need to perhaps try a little more during this holy month and God makes it easier for everyone to do so in general.

Day dreamer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Day dreamer said...

Thank you all for the warm welcome. It's hard for me to keep up with blogging, but i will try my best to post some of my thoughts and feelings about Ramadan Kareem.