Sunday, September 24, 2006

Still waiting for the holy month to start

Oh God!! The moon even showed itself in Hong Kong as we know from this post, but we in Pakistan are still waiting for it! It seems that everywhere in the world, Muslims have started their month of fasting, but Pakistan has been left behind. I don't know why. But a lot of people (pathans?) in the North West Frontier Province would have started their fasing month from today (Sunday). I wonder what's wrong over here. But I feel a bit out of place as there will now be differences arising on the sighting of the Eid moon too and so I'm sure that a whole lot of Muslims would be celebrating Eid on a whole lot of days.

7 comments:

* said...

hmmm.... I got an sms from my sis in law (lahore) wishing me ramadan kareem, and mentioning that they would start today.
Its really very very silly, if you have to start on monday. Everyone should follow Makkah.

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Syed, I feel for you, truly. Why don't you move to NWFP and chill with the Pathans lol

* said...

HEY Syed. Yeh kya ho raha hai.
What is this news coming in about some total BLACKOUT all over Pakistan?
Its almost 4.20 ur time.

BuJ said...

Boo! You reminded me with my first ever Ramadan outside of home (UAE). I was 19, and the country is England, and having iftar with members of my university's muslim society. It was the first time I was introduced to two things:

- Muslims talking in English (In UAE it's all Arabic, Urdu, Farsi, Pashtu but never English!).
- Everyone called everyone brother!

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Brother Buj, what do you mean? lol

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Oh and Buj, the author here is Syed, not boo!

Syed Sibgatullah said...

@shaykhspeara

hmmm.....nice idea, to chill out with pathans!!!

@kaya

it's a bad bad system over here. no contingency planning whatsoever.