Tuesday, September 11, 2007

New Ramadan Song!

The famous singer and songwriter Yusuf Islam (a.k.a Cat Stevens) has produced an adorably cute song for Ramadan free to download in two versions: Voice only and Drum.

The name of the song, Ramadan Moon, is taken from the forthcoming children's album I look, I see Vol 2. The song is all about the different aspects of Ramadan as well as the sighting of the new moon in order to determine when the Islamic month of Ramadan will start.

I do not have a problem with drums in music however the voice only version is in my opinion the best one. Have a listen and enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MashAllah....qute voices! Uplifting nasheed, verily! This something my sister should listen to, it really gives you a ramadan spirit, in Europe, so to speak.
Moon moon Ramadan moon come out soon!

Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

Glad you liked it, I just love his songs, they are so uplifting!